View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
I'm curious to get peoples opinions on these... when I started kitting out my VoQ I kind of defaulted to beams but I've just discovered that I can put turrets in all the weapon slots, front and rear.
I had had (wait for it) 3 RCS consoles plugged in in an effort to make it more maneuverable but now I'm thinking all turrets, with shield and hull consoles in to make it harder to kill with 100% of its weapons on target 100% of the time.
It also feels more "capital ship" like that.
So here's an update on what I did eventually in case anyone is curious...
I'm now running all disruptor turrets, all the time. No torps at all and BoPs in the fighter bays.
Removed all the RCS consoles and I'm now running SIF and Shield bonuses mostly in their place and 2 disruptor bonuses in the Tact. slots

The VoQ handles like a pig *however* all the weapons are all on target 100% of the time and (frankly) stuff just melts.
If my opening move is timed well and on my terms (so I drop an AUX battery and then a gravity well and scramble sensors, open up with all guns, 4 BoPs and scatter volley, emerg.power to weps etc. it's complete carnage and I hardly have to manuever at all

*Really* glad I did it.