View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-20-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm honestly surprised they go on StarbaseUGC but, at the end of the day, nobody else seems to want to use an interview as an ambush the way you do, mav, and you've been prone to airing your dirty laundry in public for at least six months as far as I've seen and before that had a podcast devoted to the more disgruntled factions of STO's players.

I doubt I would have anything to do with a PVP centered podcast where the host was angry either, especially not as an unpaid interview I did on my off time, which is what I think most or all of the interviews are.

Mistake number one is treating your podcast as a form of journalism. It's not. It's niche commentary and you have to have some honey for the flies. That's why Bill O'Reilly could get better guests than Glenn Beck, generally, and Jon Stewart could get better guests than either of them and The Today Show or Leno get better guests still.

You don't have to like Cryptic policy but you have to seem like a human being someone might want to hang with on their day off.

The more you talk about being snubbed or how Cryptic needs to answer on certain points, the less you seem like someone I'd do an unpaid interview with.

I think it's not about having a positive take on Cryptic. Podcast UGC is a rant most weeks but they do take care of the employees they have on and I think that's not something RSA offers. And it's unprofessional to air this in public or expect a reply... And heaven help us the explosion this thread would become if Bort or Brandon reply without closing it.