View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
And that doesn't even take into account all the Folks who will hang around and 'Express' their 'Displeasure' to all the new players here in the forums and in-game chat...
I am going to take so much perverse pleasure in airing all the dirty little secrets Cryptic will no doubt try to disappear before the Silvers come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Of course what they forget is that these players are, as a result, less invested and more prone to leaving when something becomes inconvenient or less palatable.
This.

From my time in other F2P games (when I was Younger *********, much more recently BSGO and WoT) I have discovered that I have a proclivity for logging in for two weeks or so out of every 4 months to get an occasional fix before the grind puts me off and I spend my time elsewhere.

I think the devs assume that the point where I get bored and leave is the point where Silvers will start shelling out cash.

This may be true for a minority of them, but I'm guessing the majority will leave and jump to the next Free MMO.
The market is fairly well saturated now, so the only players who will stay are Star Trek fans who couldn't afford the sub, and if they couldn't afford the sub chances are they are not the crowd to depend on for mircro-trans.