View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Let's remember the OP says they contacted Cryptic's PR e-mail address many different times. So someone in Cryptic had to know about them.
And they might have been less happy with how guests were handled or other factors, such as mavgeek's behavior.

Look, PodcastUGC often spends their whole show being critical but HOW they do it is key. They get interviews. They were given a bug ship which they are regifting via a contest.

At the end of the day, I think dev interviews are an off-the-clock thing that they volunteer for, that PR just sometimes helps in arranging. So you're not dealing with a systemic bias here but that the individual devs are apparently not interested in going on RSA on their own time as much as they are with STOked or Priority One of even Podcast UGC.

I think the problem here is that mavgeek keeps saying, essentially, "I act like a jerk and nobody wants to be my friend."

Now, is there a place for a more critical podcast? Absolutely.But if that's what you're going for, dev "scoops" are irrelevant.