View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Welcome to Life. These three options are exactly what Life gives you. Sorry you think games should give you something better but as the Devs are also affected by the choices Life gives them, those same choices are reflected in games, and not just in MMO's.

You could also make a conscious choice to completely ignore parts of STO to the extent where you ignore all of it and go do something else till something better comes along and you're back doing it.

It's like when I was a kid and I'd look at my plate and complain about having liver in it. The best response I could get from my parents was "Then don't eat it!" I'd never gotten them to say something like "OK, so I'll make you something else instead."

Later in life, I learned that once you're a grown up you can make your own food... in fact, you kinda have to!

Life is about making Free Will and making choices, but Free Will isn't about having your way without any consequences to your choices. Deal With It like the adult you are.
LoP, you're absolutely right.

Or, you would be, if games were meant to exactly replicate the series of dilemmas and disappointments real life inevitably throws at someone. But that's not why people play games. people play games for entertainment, for fun, for enjoyment. It is meant to be a respite from the real life situations you describe.