View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm cool with the way the points are spent (the new skill themselves - meh, mixed feelings), but I have my pet issues that are 'the only thing I care about' in the game so it's a nice change of pace for me to try and understand someone else's POV and then to try and put myself in Cryptics shoes with different people who all ask for their one thing to take priority.

it's always interesting to break down a problem and see if we can't identify the core difference in ideas and beliefs in a matter. Lets get to the heart of the issue shall we?

Are you saying that you don't like the fact that you have to put points in ground, or are you saying that you want the max skill points able to be spent on space skills increased?

If they made it so that you didn't 'have' to spend any points in ground -- say for instance that there was no rank / unlock thing and you could just spend points in whatever skill (space or ground) that you wanted to at any time -- but they still had the same limit for the max amount of points that you could spend on space skills, would you be happy with that? Or are you really asking for them to remove the cap on how many points you can spend on space skills?

If you want the max space skills points cap increased, would you also say that you want the potential to max out on all space skills?

Just wondering if it might help the discussion to be very clear about why you don't like the present system.

Thanks.