View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 271 OHH OHHH ME ME Em ME
12-22-2011, 05:47 PM
My first 15 minute speed impresion of tey proposed space/ground skill tree split.
ISUREHOPENEWCONTENTAND HIGHER LEVELCONTENTISUPCOMMINGSOONSOICANSEEGAINFORTSKILLP OINTGAIN.
Iwillstartwithmyold(deadreally,wetheriwi****ornot) versusmypointsspendageonthenewTribbleF2Pidea

Holodeck
Weapons9(goodforaTac)
batteries9(goodforaTac)
hullrepair9
shieldemitterss9(howmuchpointsdoesthisactuallygiveshields?)
energy7(Itsahighenergydrivengenre)
projectile7
structral7
subsystem0
warpcoreefficiency7
power5
shieldsystems8
Maneuvers9(readbelow)
Targeting9(Howmanypointsdifferncedoespsecingthisactuallymake ?weneedareadout.)
electro6
impulse6
graviton0
particle0
attackpatterns8
stealth0
SSengine7
hull8
SSshieldperformance7
Inertial0
Sensors0 (neversawanincreaseinFOMMfromskillingthisbtw.Yes. Ididbugit.)
Energyweapon7
Projectileweapon7
armor7
Auxillary0
Weaponperformance5
countermeasures0
subspace0(thisneverseemedtohelpPSW)
AllgoodchoiceIthoughtthoughihavecaughtflakformyide as.
vs

AttackPatterns(movedfromT4.AhittoTac,Ithink)([COLOR="Yellow"whatincreaserangedoesthisactuallygiv e?)
Weapons9
batteries9
Driver Coil0(uselessincombat.correct?)
hullrepair9
shieldemitterss9
energy7
projectile7
structral7
subsystem0(whydoesn'tthisseemtodoanything?ever?)
warpcoreeffeciency7
power5
shieldsystems8
Maneuvers9
Targeting9
electro6
impulse6
graviton0
particle0
stealth0
StarShipThreatControl9(EventhoughtheAgrodoesnotworkPvP,thedamageresistan cedoes?)SSengine7
hull8(10%maxkineticresistat9?)
SSshieldperformance7
Inertial0
Sensors0(neversawanincreaseinFOMMfromskillingthisinearlert estingbtw.Yes.Ididbugitandmentionitonthetestforums Ithought)
Energyweapon7 [/color] ThatswheremyHolodeckbuildstopped.
GRENADES3(seems I need to know how to throw a grensde in the 25th(?) century world of ground combat. How quaint)
WEAPONPROFECCIENCY9 ( ghuy'well better know how to shoot a rifle and pistol in the 25th century (still guessing on that)
PERSONALSHIELDGENERATOR9(oh yeah love the personal forcefieldgenerator idea alot. Its great)
SPECIALFORCES6 (seemed like agood choice fro a ground Tac)
SQUADCOMMAND6(there is nothinglike good control of the troops. One hopes)
WILLPOWER5(DriveIS Everything. escpecially in PvP and STFs)
ADVANCEDTACTICS4 (SoundedCool)
COMBATARMOR5(SoundsCooltoo)

Overall a huge drop in T5 skill points and <a rustliing among the bushes in the common room is heard> ..
a nice increase for groun skills but meaningless without a score of new content inbond (KDF cough KDF) to increase the level CAP and for everyone to enjoy gamewise.
Don't get me wrong I am very grateful for the New Ships* and technology they brought to the KDF. the Klingon Academy is great if not little drab. DOffing gives me hand cramps but I can not stop. You at Cryptic have done good things in your own time (slow they it is at times often) but you do do quality work I think.
<rustling closer now>
I do enjoy STO and the crowd of people it gathers. I actually find the gameplay pleaant if not borng after the while for lack of new PvE KDF faction stories and missions. But it comes, is said. So I wait. I have the best pratice at it. I guess I can pratice my PvP skills, rusty as grethor as they are....
Mistakes have been made by all, I guess and its time to move past them and make STo something to change peoples opinion of it*
<somethingleapsfromtheshadows http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/y...STMAS001-1.jpg CANNIBAL TRIBBLE!!>

Anyway To all I have intereacted with both in like and dislike, I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Roach*
Itsuponmythroat!!http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/y...RISTMAS002.jpg
* Still little sore didn't get that Dev character sound byte for the new ship episode origanilly planned. cesera sera.
* not necassarily my opinion mind you but truelly dislike the direction and mechanics of STO. I like the mechanincs somewhat and finds it very high science SciFi theateresque in function but wish for more KDF.. you know.
* Ghargh, 3x7,Tarz,Beldar, Qja'Quan, ilsZa DuHa'DlbaH of the KDF, *
* Remoh Namelocus, my fed ......
Youtell'emhttp://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3919653&postcount=268