View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla
I love the new UI that came with the Skill split.

I do like the idea of having players being required to put some skills in both space and ground, but I also think that more Flex points / room is needed.

I love how you are only requiring only 25% of a players points be placed in ground.

However I think that you should also only require a minimum of 25% of a players points be placed in space as well.

As for the remaining 50%...call them "Flex" points and allow players to put them were they like.

So both Ground and Space would require at a minimum they get 25% of the skill points, but once that requirement is met a player could use the remaining 50% on whatever they fancy.

Just a suggestion

I have a better idea.. How about they just let us put our points wherever we want instead of making us having to put 'x' amount of points in Tier 1 before going to Tier 2, etc...
Or better yet-- I'd rather have RESPEC per ship or per Class of ship (tact, eng, or sci). That way i can SPEC up a sci ship with more Sci than Tac or Engineering when taking out a SCI ship. Vice Versa with TAC and Engineer ships.
Or for ground-- Have ground SPEC per Group of BOFF..
For example-- Away team #1 could be all spec'd with Engineers. that way i could spec my ground towards engineers *turrets, drones, etc). Allow that to be saved as a 'bookmark' if you will.
Away team #2 could be Spec'd with All TAC boffs'
Away team #3 could be a mixed group of BOFF's
Each group saved under a specific Away team loadout name..
So when it comes time for a ground mission i can choose which Away team group i want to take with me instead of picking through my list of officers one at a time..