View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I rolled 2 new toons I'm going to level in PVP when F2P hits, maybe I'll find a few players with a little talent at lower levels & recruit them , or at least tell them about OPVP.
When I first started PvP, I had someone there to teach and who received a few lessons in return. Thanks, Horizon. There were so many times I just wanted to give up. That I swore TSI must be cheating (I kept those supsicions on teamspeak though, not in zone chat, and they eventually went away). That I was utterly convinced that I could never keep up. He kept me going, kept me pressing, he handed my butt to me regularly in 1v1, and eventually, made me an asset to a team rather than a liability.

This is what I hope happens for every new player that wants to PvP, and who is willing to accept that they have a lot to learn.

As you gain more experience, you also gain more friends, who teach you even more. You find a few "arch-enemies" (ya know, those people you just can't crack, but really want to); so you ask them for advice, and they teach you more, and on and on it goes. It is a never-ending process, you are constantly learning new things, new tricks, new tactics.

All it takes to start down that path is a little humility and hunger for knowledge. Holding back because we don't want to run anyone off does no good for anybody, ganker or gankee. Because, in the end, only those that are willing will ask, the rest will continue on in the knowledge that it wasn't the fact they weren't distributing their shields that caused them to be the target of choice, that it had to have been that uber-hax the bad guy was using making them die every time they entered the battle.

Have fun, kill noobs, embrace the ones who ask because they're the ones we want