View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Agreed, but what happens when what we want gets splintered between individual desires of the fans?
That's why I said "give careful consideration to." That doesn't mean you should do everything the fans want. That just wouldn't be practical. And even very popular ideas among players may not actually be good ideas when looked at from a larger context. So all I'm really expressing there is that if something garners a fair amount of attention on the forums, it shouldn't be ignored. There's an obvious reason why it's being discussed, so it should be discussed and considered internally as well, followed by a response from the company so the players feel acknowledged. As far as splintering, then during the consideration process, it can be prioritized. Even if the company doesn't wish to pursue something (and of course some people would get upset and cry about it), in the long run, the larger player base would have a great deal more respect with this type of policy than the one they have now.

Quote:
Agreed, with reservations. I call for a more balanced approach.
And I'd second it. That's really what I'm calling for too. Quite a few times in recent days I've reiterated these points and generally expressed that I don't want false claims. Really, I just want realism. Internally, they must set realistic goals for themselves (unless they're just terribly managed) so they should be able to tell us what's realistic too. There's no reason to "hype it up" because that's just going to create backlash, mistrust, and a lack of confidence in the end.

Quote:
Both approaches are flawed, and both bring misery to the forum going fandom, and more importantly both approaches perhaps even hurt the game.
I particularly like what you've said here, and agree.

Quote:
Thus , I want a ballanced approach -- and I like your thoughts about a release of a general quarterly plan for STO (that is as always "subject to change") .
Balance is always a good thing. And thank you.