View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I think the problem is not in skills (or lack thereof), consoles (or lack thereof). It's a behavioral problem.

Camping is considered rude, unsportsmanlike behavior to many players. Been the same since my first online forays into playing competitive Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, and it will continue to be an issue until the last online competitive killing game shuts down.

Camping gives you a tactical advantage, no matter what level you are. It doesn't excuse the fact that it's bad behavior that angers the opposition and gives the other player a bad name.

Besides, if holding down the spawn is supposed to be done in order to allow your team to scan the Ker'rat nodes and destroy the repair nodes, then why are so few people actually going for the objectives to begin with?

Ker'rat's just turned into a killing field, nothing more. It's not even a competition to see which team can scan the nodes first. It's just an excuse to blow stuff up. And the easiest way to blow stuff up? Camp the spawn.

Elites and newbies alike are treated as nothing more than punching bags for whatever group is camping the spawn.

That groks me as wrong.