View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-03-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm not sure where some people got the impression that the STO team was staffed up. We're trying to staff up, but the team is not any larger than it has been in the past... and is smaller in some critical areas. Staffing up will take time. I didn't talk about the second half of 2012, because we hope to do a lot more once we have more staff... but it depends on a lot on how successful we are at finding the right people to hire.

I'm sorry that the news that we can't produce more featured episodes is a surprise. I was not aware that anyone indicated that it might be possible to get a more continuous stream of them going. I was really happy that I might be able to get 3 series out in one year, and getting 3 serious out seemed like an "epic win" for the dev team to me... but I didn't know that anyone had expectations that more than 3 series in a year was possible. I don't really think it is possible unless the team grows significantly. So I'm sorry that I get to break the news to you all.

The Klingon faction work is definitely on 2012's list, but I can't promise any date or details at this time. Once I have a more confident dev schedule, I'll share what I know. I don't want to share anything until I have an actual dev schedule that makes it very likely to happen.

I'm also sorry about how little came to the game in the middle of 2011. I can't do anything to change the past, though. I inherited the game as it was in late September, and I'm doing my best to bring you as all much as I can as quickly as I can.

I'm also trying to set realistic expectations with you all about what the team can do and plans to deliver. The STO dev team is amazing, and while they can't do everything that this forum crowd apparently wants, I think that 2012 is going to be a great year for the game.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online