View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Stormy,

I was going to write something long but I will boil it down to this. I'd advise you to give all player moderators anonymous forum handles. Otherwise, this is a recipe for "Forum Politics" that has a high potential to explode.

A player who "complains against complainers" because they are tired of all the negativity on the forums is one thing. But openly granting that same player moderation power over others would be disastrous.

The only way I see this working is for player moderators to be anonymous and indistinguishable from Official Cryptic & PWE Moderators. Otherwise it's just going to end up with attacks on known "Cryptic Defenders" who now have been granted "more forum power" because they have been Pro-Cryptic in the past.
I agree with most of this. It is entirely based on weather an individual can conduct themselves professionally instead of personally when the need arises.

I have personally seen people attack the cashier at a fast food place for giving them a small french fry instead of the large fry, by throwing the frys directly into her face.

I watched a soldier carefully place a prisoner of war into the back seat my guntruck, when 10 minutes earlier that same prisoner had attempted hit us with an I.E.D. and missed while I was deployed in Baghdad.
And I do mean carefully and not 'careful, don't hit your head *smash,smash,smash*'

It's a level of proffesionalism that people can achieve.

I believe that if a New CM begins to "abuse their power", that reports will come in and that CM will be relieved of duty after investigating the inccident. I'm confident Stormy would drop the "ban hammer" just as quickly, if not quicker, on a bad CM as he would a "troll". Or a Star Wars thead