View Single Post
Lt. Commander
The feedback we were able to gather on the recent round of rebalancing and fixes being made to the Space Sets has proven to be an invaluable asset in continuing to examine the overall balance of the game's mechanics, and the types of rewards we offer to high end players. I really can't thank you all enough for offering your opinions and analysis of the changes that recently went to Tribble.

Coming up, we're going to be doing a similar review of the STF Ground Gear. In preparation for this, I wanted to let you all see some of the first round of changes that will be forthcoming.

As before, I am posting this only to inform you all of what's going on. Since these updated sets won't be available for public testing for a little bit, I'd remind you that if something looks out of whack, please try to reserve your judgement until you've seen the changes in action. Don't hesitate to let me know about it, obviously... but let's keep it civil and constructive.

And, just as the previous thread, I'd like to keep discussion of the art/costumes and drop rates out of this discussion as much as possible. Thanks!

MACO:
ARMOR
* Reduced Physical/Kinetic resists (from 100 to 38)
* Replaced "7.5% Plasma Resist" with "5% All Energy Resist"
* Replaced ".33 HP Regen" with "+45 Max HPs"
* Changed shield passive regen boost to fire every 1sec instead of every 4sec. Adjusted value per tick to 1/4 previous. This should work out to mostly be a cosmetic change.
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide Shield Heal whenever damage is taken. This effect can only be triggered once every several seconds.

SHIELD
* Regen bonus removed (had no impact on combat)
* Replaced "20% Plasma Resist" with "10% All Energy Resist"
* Added +25 Root and Knockback Resistance
* ADDED: Chance to trigger brief stun effect centered on you and your teammates, whenever you take damage. This effect can only be triggered once every several seconds.

WEAPON
* Primary Fire changed to a bolt/beam hybrid (awaiting FX update). Will now fire a single pulse instead of 3.
* Special Knockback Proc now has a scaling % chance to land, based on the mark of the weapon.

2-PIECE
* Slightly increased amount of Shield Heal
* Should also clear Borg Shield Neutralizer debuff
* Set Bonus now scales with mark
* Increased recharge timer to 45 sec

3-PIECE
* Unchanged.

OMEGA:
ARMOR
* Increased Energy Resistance (to 38)
* Removed resistance boosts to Disruptor and Phaser damage (included in all energy resist)
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide Damage Boost whenever damage is taken. This buff can only be triggered once every several seconds.

SHIELD
* Added +25% Dodge Chance (extra chance to completely negate incoming damage)
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide Damage Boost whenever damage is taken. This buff can only be triggered once every several seconds. (redundant with armor boost - may change)

WEAPON
* Added a scaling proc to all 3 marks: Mk X, XI and XII have a 5%, 10% and 15% chance to proc a 2sec, 3sec and 4sec Immobilize effect, respectively.
* ADAPTATION issue is still under critical review. This weapon is far less desirable due to the Borgs' ability to adapt more quickly to it than either of the other set weapons. We are pursuing a long-term fix for this.

2-PIECE
* Bonus reworked:
- Removed "Ambush" bonus from leaving Stealth
- Defensive Bonus now scales with Mk (60, 80, 100)
- Stealth value now far less effective
- Increased recharge timer to 45 seconds

This set bonus was never intended to give an unbalanced edge in PvP and was intended to primarily be used as a defensive measure in PvE content. By reducing the effectiveness of the Stealth bonus, you can still use this ability to shed aggro and resist incoming damage, but not to sneak up on enemy players without chance of being discovered.

3-PIECE
* Unchanged.

KLINGON HONOR GUARD:
ARMOR
* Increased Energy Resistance (to 38)
* Replaced "Adrenal Stimulator" with passive HP Regen (should be more reliable survivability)
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide HP Heal whenever damage is taken. This effect can only fire once every several seconds.

SHIELD
* Increased capacity significantly.
* Removed "20% Plasma Resist"
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide Retaliation buff whenever damage is taken. This buff will damage attackers when you or your team takes damage - the stronger the incoming attack, the larger the retaliation. The buff has two charges when applied, and can only be applied once every several seconds.

WEAPON
* Added a Kinetic/Physical and Knockback Buff to this weapon. (Does not display on tooltip at this time, but it makes your Rifle Butt more effective - it does have blades on it, after all.)

2-PIECE
* Increased magnitude of HP heal and changed to apply over 8 ticks for 4 seconds (.5sec apart)
* Increased recharge timer to 45 seconds

3-PIECE
* Unchanged.
As with the space sets, I'll be trying to get these up for FREE on Tribble for testing purposes, so keep an eye for Tribble patch notes in the coming days/weeks for when those become available. They'll only be up for a limited time, when that happens.