View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
hello, thank you again for the review.

I've adjusted most of what you suggested.

I didn't see a damaged klingon ship in the detail part...
I was referring to the fleet of damaged ships in orbit. Both Federation and Klingon ships most looked good there were just a few that caught my attention. Most players wonít notice it. The explosions looked really good.

Quote:
-Consider changing the "Speak to Captin Anderson" task to read "Speak to Captain Anderson". - Fixed
-Captain Anderson is labeled as "UGC Contact" which is the default for an NPC name in the Foundry. This of course makes the button "Talk to UGC Contact". Fixed all UGC contacts, that was bugging me, blame my noobishness.
Donít be that hard on yourself. Itís an easy and fairly common mistake. It always helps to have an outside set of eyes look over your mission. Thatís what I try to offer with my mission reviews. I appreciate your efforts. Judging by the other playerís ratings I saw last night Iíd say Iím not the only one who likes your mission.

Quote:
-All the injured NPC's are labeled "UGC Contact" consider naming them. Also one of them is standing on a plant. -FIXED
-Doctor Jones is also labeled as "UGC Contact". FIXED
-The Marine to be examined is the one standing on the plant. Consider placing a smaller object on the ground next to him to trigger the examination. In addition change the "Interact" button to read "Examine Marine" or something along those lines.
-Who is the NPC that warned of the Klingons entering orbit? - Captain Anderson with her hair tied back and wearing armor. Seriously why can't they put names of UGC contacts in the windows yet.
The NPC in the dialog just looked different so I wasnít sure who it was. Perhaps have her in armor the whole time.

When naming the NPCís on the maps there are two fields, the "Name" field and the "Contact" field. The Name field is how it appears on the "Map" in the editor to make it easier to distinguish each NPC. I believe it also serves as the label on the "Map" during game play. The Contact field is what determines how the "Talk to Captain Anderson" button displays.

Quote:
-You should consider spreading the fighting among the other tasks to mix it up a bit more. Map is full on enemies.
What I meant by that comment was to take the existing enemies and spread the triggers throughout the ground mission portion. For example have some of the enemies beam and fight while the player is checking the perimeter. Maybe they are leftover troops from the previous fighting. The suggestion was made to mix it up a bit and keep the player on their toes.

Quote:
Part 2 and 3 should be better! Will complete both first before releasing, so both parts can be played at the same time, since you are remaining in the theatre.
I am looking forward to playing/reviewing the sequels. So stop reading this and get back to work on them.

Quote:
Might be worth another run through if you like.

Updated the mission giver dialogue, and the up front stuff too. I had written it a year ago and never changed it. Made it more compelling now.
You did a great job on the development of this mission. I am glad I could offer my help to tweak it a little. I want to thank you for taking the time to author the mission and the series. As an author myself I know it is a lot of work. Keep it up your doing good and it is appreciated.
Brian