Thread: Kar'Fi Advice
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I have been flying the Kar-Fi since it first came out. I love it. It is a hard ship to find an effective build for. Correctly built, it is the ultimate DPS cruiser. Don't use cannons, I've tried every possible weapon combo on it, & i've found a build that rocks, & I do pretty well with it.

My build
This build hits HARD.
I use this build with both my Tac & my Sci . I have a second Cmdr Sci Boff with PSW1 instead of TSS3 which i use when i have a good healer on my team. The consoles that boost Grav well also boost PSW
The only P2W consoles you can currently fit it with are the Phase shift one it comes with, & the cruiser one that pushes. ( sorry, i can't think of the name ATM).
IMHO, you're far better off using neither of them.
The Phase shift makes you untargetable for a few seconds, depending on your aux strength when its initiated, & leaves your aux at zero when it stops. I'd rather use another console to boost my GW3.

For STF's i use the S'kul fighters instead of the tachyon drones & frigate.
If you don't have access to the Tachyon drones, use a second frigate for PVP or PVE.
I assume that the Tact Consoles you have are beam boosters? And the Science consoles are what, Particle generators, I believe? The Engineering consoles, I recognize one as a hull armor, what's the other one, Shield regen?