View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 07:10 AM
First and foremost, I think this depends mainly of each player style and rapidity to activate the powers/abilities. By any mean I don’t want to criticize anybody because it is just impossible to have a “one size fits all” configuration. I find extremely useful having 2 tac teams to use back to back, for the reason of strengthen the attacked shield and the damage resistance buff. As a tac KDF I use mainly 2 configurations on my bop:
First, is a little better in DPS than the second which is oriented in having more heals and survivability.
1:
Lt T: TT1, BO2
Lt S: HE1, TSS2
Lc E: ET1, EPS2, EPS3 (you can have an eng friend train it for you)
Cd T: TT1, CRF1, CRF2, APO3

2:
Lc E: ET1, EPS2, EPS3 or EPS1, EPS2, RSP2
Cd T: TT1, CRF1, CRF2, APO3

Also, I run 3 DHC front with Qorgh (C-store ship) warhead (or a Tric otherwise), borg shield (due to high regen and using 2 EPS back to back and having high power to shield most time – about 85-95) and a console that boost shield capacity (I get about 7500-ish – don’t remember exactly how much - shield for each facing with it). Of course, more toys you have, the better it is (like the aceton assimilator or Graviton Pulse Generator).
Those configs are easy to interchange because in fact you only change one, max 2 boff. #2 I find much better to survive in pvp versus #1 (and again some folks may not agree, I mostly refer to 1 vs 1 pvp because when you have more targeting you, then definitely the end is near no matter what, lol). Also important is to have at least 50 power to aux, to get a decent benefit from HE and TSS, and an aux batt to pop in, in case things get ugly, to maximize HE and TSS.

Now, for whoever does pve (config #1), also survivability is important, but AI being dumb, you don’t really need to worry so much with heals. If you have a boff with BO3, then use it because that’s the mother of all… tremendous damage when combined with attack buffs (APA, Go Down Fighting, Fire on my mark, etc). What I see missing from your config is 2 CRF, which I find relatively important to increase the DPS. I also am not too worried with targeting subsystems because (except pve of course) most players have heals against them (batteries, eng team…)
I also hope this helps, best thing you should do is give it a shot, see what you like more and maybe modify things a little to fit your needs.

P.S. I don’t know how you are speced, but I am curious how would it be to have a SCI in the Cmdr position, never tried it but I bet would be pretty mean…