View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Not other assignments.. just the one with the junior officer cadre...the results from that pack I *believe* are slightly better if you have recruitment ranks.

Leastwise my main does get Rare's from those fairly often (ish). And I do know that the idea has been pushed around Doffjobs that Recruitment ranks may affect cadre packs... I stress again *MAY*
Heretic, can you confirm/deny: Does Recruitment Commendation Level have any affect on the results of opening a Cadre pack or what you get from a Recruitment assignment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Rare and Very Rare in the duty officer system are, in fact, much rarer than Rare and Very Rare are in other parts of the game. This is by design; we wanted to make sure that getting a perfect crew of purple - or even blue - duty officers would be an extremely long term proposition...
Please don't change this. I like the idea of such a difficult goal to strive towards. It's fairly "easy" to get all Greens. All Blues, difficult, but I think eventually doable. All purples? That's going to be quite challenging and/or expensive. I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
There is only 1 Fed Flight Deck Officer, and it's an Ultra Rare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
...Currently there are no non-unique Federation Flight Deck Officers. I am not against putting some in if there is enough interest, but I figured their use on the Federation side was so narrow that people would be more irritated by getting Flight Deck Officers when they would have preferred something else.
ORLY? Well, that explains it. I didn't realize. I'll stop searching the Exchange for them, then. Heh. I can see why you'd make 'em unique and why people would be bummed to get stuck with lots of them. No, I shouldn't think it necessary to add more.

Just brainstorming here... Heretic, what about the possibility of having Ferra sell some White/Common DOffs. Say one of each of whatever non-civilian that doesn't come in the Starter 20 Pack. Vanillas across the board: Human with only basic human traits. Nothing too useful other than meeting the min specialization requirements. Ferra could sell these for 100-200 Dil each or something like that. Bound and Unique, so you only can buy one (at a time, if they die on assignment, come back, buy another, red-shirt style).

Put a Technician in there, Damage Control, etc. No need to add Flight Deck Officer to the random pack pulls, but Feds could buy one generic here (and hunt for that Ultra Rare one Mouse mentioned), if desired. No prisoners, colonists, or refugees.

Obviously the KDF should get similar access in their DOff store.