View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Yea... I think the quality of the Romulan FE was great... It was in fact more than I had expected from a "regular" mission series.
If that's what they're shooting for, I can understand why they could only make 2-3 a year, honestly.

I think most of us are past expecting that level of quality. I would be happier with something on par with the Breen series 5 times a year, with 1-2 voiced cinematics (no need to voice mission text), repeated locales through the series (like the Breen and Devidian arcs), and a nice keepsake at the end. (The idea of every mission in a FE having its own novelty reward was a gimmicky innovation and led to things like the Breen set, which is only useful for gimmick builds, and the Reman shields, which people only wear for the cosmetic effect.)

There is absolutely no need for every FE to top the last. You're developing content for an MMO that needs to be content rich, Cryptic, not a standalone game! :-)

Heck, Cloaked Intentions introduced shuttles, which led to C-Store and vet reward shuttles that most of us have no idea what to do with aside from replay "The Vault."