View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 236
01-13-2012, 09:37 AM
I'd expect the old code is pretty close to the new one, so hearing the sheet matches fairly close doesn't surprise me. There are significant differences, and I wouldn't be content re-releasing the calc with that kind of error margin.

Finding the "fix" is the problem.

I can understand most maths, once presented, and am good at explaining such things that I already grok, but destilling the formula from presented raw data is not my strong suit. I can do it, but it takes me lots of time. I rock when it comes to designing Excel spreadsheets, but I stood upon giants. As I said in the OP, the formula and power info on which the Calc was based was provided by other users (Binkenstein, Kiala, and Tiran_Diaz). I just made it a "fill in the blanks for dummies" type of thing, hiding the complicated foruma behind a nifty spreadsheet. Heh.

Lately I'm having a blast, playing the game (I'm sorry to say ), I've not been in research mode. That said, I haven't given up on the Calc. In fact, I've been poking other players who have the time/inclination to futz with the new skills and break out the numbers. But until a dev/player can tell me the new formula or I'm bored enough to crack the code myself, the Calc will remain offline.

Thank you for your support.