View Single Post
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticImpulser
Hey there -

You were pretty kind to the first four episodes. I hope everyone enjoys this one too.

---------------------------------------------

The location of Unikuia Prime is in Klarc's hands. Serapis and the Tetritev invasion force are already on the way.

There's one party in the sector worth crashing, and you don't have the address. It's back at the asteroid base. You'll just have to get by an entrenched Klingon garrison, and maybe Task Force Overture's commander, to get it.

Name: “Overture 5: The Klingon Coda
ProjectID: HTCRB7TX3
Author: KineticImpulser
Language: English
Allegiance: Starfleet
Level: Any Level
Starting System: Earth Spacedock; Main Floor; South Corridor

60-plus minute run time
Dialog-heavy
Combat-light
Snarkiness-filled
Federation Mission - Overture 5: The Klingon Coda
Author: KineticImpulser
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: HTCRB7TX3

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission sequel. The writing is outstanding with great story dialog that flows naturally. The dialog response buttons you created are good and funny too. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this mission. You mentioned that I was "pretty kind to the first four episodes" but I have to say they deserved the reviews I gave them. So does this one. I am looking forward to the next installment so I hope you are hard at work on it. I would highly recommend this mission to anyone who loves ground breaking map design and excellent story telling with a battle or two for good measure.

Below are my observations on the various aspects of the mission. I found only one item to consider changing.

Mission Description: This is a good detailed description. In general I recommend placing the author’s notes at the end of the briefing and that they be in [OOC] rather than [MissionInfo] format. In this case it may work to warn the player before they select your mission based on the length and dialog heavy nature of it. However I would still recommend changing it to [OOC]. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialog: This is great and very detailed dialog. I would normally recommend the switching of the [MissionInfo] dialog to [OOC] and leave the other [OOC] dialog as is. I understand why you did it that way to call it out from the other. As for the post grant mission dialog I almost wrote up one of the clichés until I read the button responses. That was nicely done. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: This is a good mission task with a clear starting point. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
USS Republic War Room: The map design is nice and simple. The dialog is outstanding. Without giving away anything my first selection on meeting the ambassador was the third one. I also liked the red tape line. It made me laugh out loud. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

USS Republic Bridge - The Plan: This is a good map design with excellent story dialog. I love the response button choices. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

USS Republic Bridge - The New Plan: This is a great map design with well executed effects. The story dialog is outstanding and the response buttons are great. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog. I noted only one item to consider changing:
-Mr. Clev on the aft console is standing just a couple of feet or so away from the console and typing in the air.

The End of the New Plan: This is a great map design with a good battle. The dialog is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

System JYT-3450: The map design is outstanding and the battles are a good diversion. The story dialog is also outstanding and I really like the variety of responses. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Abandoned Base Level 1: The map design is simple but effective. The story dialog is excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Abandoned Base Level 6: The map design is very well done and the drones are excellent. The battle is good and the story dialog is outstanding. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Abandoned Base Level 7: This map is great wrap up to this mission. The map design is outstanding and the story dialog is fantastic. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. Your map designs and storytelling dialog are simply outstanding. If you have started working on the next installment then get to work. I want to see what happens next.
Brian

This critique report also filed 01/16/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.