View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek
No, I understand that to take our Character Creator to the "Eve" level wouldn't be prudent. But my point in including it, is I've heard in the past that single player games could have in-depth character creation far superior to those on MMOs because of the amount of data that is transferred and having potentially thousands of players in the same 'area.' But, Eve and APB are both MMOs, so that sort of nix's that. Heck, even the **** character creator is 'better' in that the characters look drastically different.

As I've said numerous times on these boards.. the biggest issue in having the characters look so similar is the facial textures. I know you can change the shapes of the faces somewhat.. but with only 2 textures, with the added, what, five aged textures.. human characters look like brothers at least, if not clones.

We need more variety of facial textures at the very least... and that seems like a 'fix' that should be relatively easy, and quick to implement instead of a huge overhaul of the creation system... lol

I am hoping that with the money increase that's bound to go with the F2P changes.. Hopefully we'll get some much needed character creator love.

Jolan'tru
Yeah, I hear you on the the significant lack of age presets. More than brothers and sisters, it makes us all just look like younger or older versions of ourselves. My question to you is, other than more facial textures, what sorts of facial features would you want? For example, would you want a freckles bar? Maybe a droopiness bar ( face lift or lack of)? I certainly think we should have more customization options for the ears and the eyes. Ears, for example, could be stretched out or enlarged. Plus, like Leviathan says, we should have way more ear presets.

Another thing you should be able to do is create hybrids. Andorian/human or Klingon/human hybrids would allow us to put human hair on Klingon presets or vice versa.