View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
I said that I then start needing everything after they do and recommend everyone else do it, too.

I'm willing to bet that at least SOME of the people simply don't understand need/greed/pass, but those that abuse the system should be made to look like abusers.
I doubt that the problem is not understanding the system. The system isn't exactly new or unusual. Nor do I think "calling people out" has any effect whatsoever.

The problem, IMO, is that it is difficult to tell at a glance whether someone needed or not, and whether or not they did so legitimately. By the time you figure it out, you've likely wasted a bunch of time scanning the chat log, and lost out on 2 or 3 loot rolls. Then you have to waste more time whining about what they are doing, which will likely not accomplish anything anyway.

Click need and move along. Easier and cleaner all around. The only people that could possibly lose out are the people that really shouldn't be there in the first place, IMO. (i.e. If you actually need blue loot, then you're probably being carried by the rest of the team, anyway. Harsh? Maybe, but fair too, IMO.)