View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
I too hate the Need/Greed system. It's just too open to abuse, and people have clearly shown that selfishness rules the day. It's funny because when I started doing STFs I rarely saw needers, but as time went on the practice got worse and worse until now where I rarely or never see a team who distributes things on "greed".

Those who propose everyone just give up and start "need"ing everything miss the point. Why should we accept this kind of behavior in the community?
Because, anyone who actually needs blue mk X loot probably shouldn't be running STFs anyway. I mean, you said yourself that you can buy it off the exchange for a pittance. The odds of anyone actually needing the gear is vanishingly small. Clicking need is just the easy way to ensure that you don't get screwed. If you're unwilling to click the need button... well, your loss.

Until (unless, really) the system gets changed, you might as well go with the flow. I started out clicking greed too, but quickly came to the conclusion that there were really only two choices - Need or Pass. Because that is what the Greed button is, now - another Pass button. You don't have to like it, but I don't see how you can change it.