View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Silver Players can now increase their maximum Energy Credit limit from 10 million to 1 billion! The Energy Credit Cap Increase is available now in the C-Store.
Thank you for listening to the feedback and offering this new option for Silver players. The price is reasonable for an account wide unlock. I'm a returning game owner (CE) and former subscriber, but this will be my first C-Store purchase.

For those that weren't following closely, the F2P Matrix was updated about a week ago to lower the Silver EC limit from 100 Million down to 10 Million. For returning players who had seen that higher number on the F2P Matrix for the past few months, the sudden, drastic lowering of the limit was a bit surprising, but I'm sure PW and Cryptic have multiple good reasons (including making things harder on farmers).

I'm glad you've offered this unlock to allow Silver players to participate in the economy and not have our EC disappear down into a black hole. Although EC is often described on these forums as "worthless" and many players can happily get by without ever hitting the Silver EC limit, there are certainly useful and fun items which can quickly add up to exceed the current limit.

It all depends on your play-style. Some enjoy buying ships, races, pets or cosmetics. Some of us also enjoy being able to sell our extra loot for what it's worth and save up piles of "worthless" virtual currency.

Thanks again.