Thread: Wth!?
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I think you may be right about the Borg adapting to the weapon energy type.

I use an Mk XII [Borg] Plasma Minigun and a few days ago while running a ground STF I had a team member start telling me to stop using my Weapon because the Borg were adapting to us too quickly.

This player kept going on and on about how if anyone on the team kept using a minigun or rapid fire weapon that theyíd leave the team.

My response to their threat was to not let my foot catch them in the backside on the way out of the mission but it seemed that they too were using a Plasma type weapon.

There does seem to be something strange going on with the Borg adaption.

Iíve cleared my adaption and fired a standard 3 burst shot at a drone only to see the Borg adapt to me has soon has the 1st bolt struck them.

Iíve also had one instance where Iíve cleared my adaption and never fire off a shot and still had the adaptation icon appear on me again.

Iíve also had Borg adapt to me using melee attacks with my hand weapons.
That was more likely because the Borg adapt on a per shot basis and a Minigun fires a lot of shots. The energy type wasn't the problem, it was the weapon type; Miniguns and any other automatic weapon are useless against the Borg.