View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2012, 04:54 PM
I'd recommend either Eng or Science in a Vo'Quv (tac dont bother at all). For an Eng, you'll want to be tanky and it is easier to do so with that class with all the hull heals and the natural strength of the Vo'Quv hull. I recommend this setup for a tanky build:-

Tac - TT 1, FAW 1 (or replace it with any sort of variety of beam weapon specialities), APD 2
Eng - ET 1, EPTS 2, ASIF 2
Sci 1 - ST 1, HE 2
Sci 2 - TSS 1, TSS 2, HE 3, CPB 3 (If you can find one)

or for Shield Tanking:-

Tac - TT 1, FAW 1 (or replace it with any sort of variety of beam weapon specialities), APD 2
Eng - ET 1, ASIF 1, EPTS 3
Sci 1 - ST 1, HE 2
Sci 2 - HE 1, TSS 2, TSS 3 (If you can find one, obtainable on Reman boff), CPB 3 (If you can find one

I would not put Polarize Hull with Hazard Emitters because it shares the same cooldown.

For Science characters, I also recommend the builds above, however I'd also suggest obtaining items that increase your resistance to weapons fire (like Neutronium Consoles or the Devidian Battery), these will demolish your opponents weapons capability by at least 50%. There are several other builds for Vo'Quv ships but I highly recommend some type of tanking build.