View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewsTelamon001
I don't see it staying at one server for long, though. It just doesn't seem logical to try and handle the player load (which, logically speaking, is beyond what could have been reasonably projected) on a single server.
Are you serious?

There is a difference in terminology here I'm guessing. When we are speaking of 'one server' we mean one game world. The game does not operate on one shard of hardware. Not to mention I think your grossly overstating how many players F2P brought; as it's not even anywhere close to the amount of concurrent UU's that launch had; and the TECH should be better from launch..lol

Quote:
Yes, sure is lazy of them that they're in working on the weekend... but nevermind that, why not ask them to work through the night too!? They probably don't have families or lives of their own outside of STO. God knows some players don't seem to if they can't forego an hour of playtime.
This argument would work if we were talking about employees developing content and not IT. Companies that operate around the clock with user access will always have a tech(s) on the clock. So it wouldn't be hard for them to restart the servers during their normal 'night hours'.