View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE5LA View Post
Only there's nothing in the description that says it scales, so I'd have no reason to assume it does.

I now think the answer is that the ship used to have a fixed hull of 12,925 and they changed it, made it scale with level, but never changed it in the game's description. And forgive me for not going somewhere else to look at the specifications, but if you're going to offer an in-game store that takes real money from people, then update the thing so it's accurate. What you're saying is like a brick-and-mortar store promoting an online product that is totally misrepresented and then telling the consumer "Well, you should have actually gone into the store and checked the specifications before buying."
Well in-game hull value can vary for numerous reasons:

Matching a squad-leaders level will automatically boost your hull to the level of the squad leader.
Skill-based hull % modifiers.

I'd chalk up most of the hull inconsistencies to the fact that they just rehauled the skill system, and hull values were based on the base hull rate + skill modifiers, which were allocated differently than the current skill list.

But, you are right that their cstore crew should probably make sure the information listed in the store matches the in-game values, or at least lets you know that the hull value is base (and be accurate).

And again, this should probably be posted in a forum where something can be done about it, rather than the Shipyard.