View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Good article. I really like Terilynn's writing style, very factual and detailed, without adding bias or reading into comments excessively. It reminds me of professional journalism in a way that doesn't leave me frustrated or questioning the validity of the statements contained within.

In regards to the details:

Somebody previously mentioned the FREEM 15, and until they mentioned it, I hadn't drawn the same correlations, but now I see the connection. If I were less self aware I might say, wow, that is a good parallel that can be drown, and CoH since NCsoft took over development has released a vast array of quality expansions, I must also consider that I stopped playing shortly after the FREEM 15 status was detailed, and as such have only passingly watched CoH. So, while I love a lot of what CoH has done since the acquisition, it is filtered by a cronol compression of their releases, so I like their development of the game but may not have an accurate perception of the rate at which the releases have happened.

Ultimately what it comes down to is this: We have just gone through a major transition, lets see what the cryptic STO team can do. I'm willing to give them a chance, and so are you, if you weren't you wouldn't still be here.