View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I'm not raging. I'm enjoying 2 hours in the forums instead of in the game. But you can't really claim 2 hours of downtime during 5pm to 7pm is the same as having 2 hours of downtime during 4am to 6am. All consumer rights organizations would agree.
To be perfectly fair were the downtime to occur at 4am to 6am in the United Kingdom it would be 8pm to 10pm in California, which isn't exactly business hours. There is no happy median here simply because California is 8 hours behind London. During which stretch of time would you schedule a two hour maintenance period that would appease the need for the developers to actually be present in-studio without inconveniencing their primary customer base (read: North Americans)?

The UFC doesn't schedule Pay-Per-View events at 3PM so that Europeans can watch it during prime time, since the UFC is a US-based entity. Why would Cryptic Studios be any different? I'm not saying that it doesn't suck to be in your position but I am saying that you're being a slight bit unreasonable. You're already connecting to a game server located in the United States in order to play a game developed by Americans and published by Chinese.