View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
I remember Borticus said that improving the holo ship timers wasn't gonna happen.

I believe it is sorta a CBS thing. They can't be "permanent" since they are not Federation or Klingon ships, and the CBS guy said that they had to be temporary or ultra rare to keep Federation space from being full of D'kora, Cargo and Jem'hadar ships.

Don't get me wrong, I want better Holo-Emitters also, but it's not gonna happen.
Then why bother having them in the first place? They're the most pointless vanity item in the game right now, and latinum as a currency is almost completely worthless as a result. More importantly, the shift in appearance goes away as soon as a ship enters red alert. It's not a permanent transformation by any means. If they're really that concerned about new players seeing Cardassian Galor-class ships flying around Sol, they could just increase the price of the emitters and limit their use to system space. The shimmer effect already makes it very apparent that it's not a real ship.