View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillson18 View Post
I know your build and personally i tried it too, it does have the highest burst possible for a DN w/o a doubt and it serve it's purpose well. But for me I am more of a steady dps guy (you can tell, i bring that up a lot in my post), if i go for the big 50k(or even more if you lucky) trico, I have to spend quite some points into the torp. skills. The way i look at it is for torp build i can get a 50k hit every min (not considering factor like crit, Duty office skill proc etc.), that result of a 800-900 dps, on the other hands swaping the torp with a cannon, i do roughly the same dps w/o sacrificing valueable skill points. I think at the end, it just all come down to which way people prefer, steady dps or burst.

I kinda write everything on top of my head, so sorry if i don't go into detail or providing notes. Hell, I am even too lazy to edit all the typo. But I am definitly up for dicussion and if you want to point out false, please feel free, learning from mistake is what make us better and better anway.
Yes, but in PvP, sustained DPS can have its downfalls as well.

In PvP, you must deal more damage than your enemy can heal for to be effective.

With a burst, you're guaranteed to trump your enemy's ability to recover every single time.

With sustained DPS, you run the risk of a good (or even a mediocre) healer being able to keep up without too much difficulty.

Yes, you still have your lance to "burst", but it won't be near the same effect. Your enemies will be able to recover. That recover will cost you dearly both short term and long term.

PvE it's great though.

But, it has merits in PvP too.

Main thing though that I want to bring up that is a BIG no-no with your build... EPS.

You MUST have an EPS in a Gal-X, even as an Engineer, to be truly effective.

1 is all you need, but it is necessary.

Cloak in PvE is still very viable. It allows you to close on Cubes to point blank without worry and unleash your full burst at point blank for maximum effect, WITH a +15% damage increase due to decloaking.

Those are points that I am firm about, and won't waver. Other points you've made are preference based.