View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
Yeah the Whole Map thing is known to people who played with Foundry for a bit. You can't get through since it would result in error message that you need a door if your first map switch to custom map and "leave from" is not done through existing STO system.

So far I've been able to get through all the bugs. There is another bug, or maybe its just a limitations of Foundry that you can't jump between two different maps as many times as you want. Or maybe I am not doing it right. I've tried different spawn points and different markers but it seems that if I go from one custom map to the other there and back, the third time becomes the first time. So if I say have a transition to a custom map, then have another transition to second custom map, then transition to first first custom map - while you play the mission it will use the third transition in mission tracker and use that third transition first.

I was able to get around it by creating a copy of the custom maps and pointing duplicate transitions to a spawn point on the copies. This is quite an annoying limit. Overall this foundry editor is very crappy. It allows you to make some dumb missions without a problem, but as soon as you try to make something more interesting than just "get mission from NPC, go to map and kill bots" you run into all kind of walls. I guess its better than nothing.

What I am really missing is camera positioning. Lack of music selection. You can't create a mood/atmosphere for your mission, its all dumbed down to stupid dialogue windows and generic music. WHY can't we chose which music we want to run on our maps. I am not asking personal music, I am asking of what already is in STO, why foundry doesn't give us a choice of STO music selection on specific maps? You can only do the ambient sounds and even then only in specific cases. Foundry been out for how many months? Time to give us some more options.

Also I've played some TOP foundry missions... really? People give those missions 5 stars? Some of them feel artificially being bumped up because missions are honestly feel very crappy, repetitive and have very little story.

Anyways, sorry for a bit of temper here, I am just a bit frustrated with how buggy Foundry is and how little there is information about creating soemthing more than just a regular fedex mission.
No worries dude. I know the feeling. It's just these old bones have been angry for so long everything looks positive. As for this thread, custom costumes should not be used before the first map transition. As for social zone map transitions and objectives you can try my third noob guide or wait till I finish an already quite complicated map transition and objective tutorial video series.