View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
Too bad - you're missing out on some of the best Trek writing out there. Both in fan-fic in and in Foundry. Some of the current, and incredibly talented official Trek writers came to their positions by writing fan-fic. Before you get so judgmental, I would recommend you read some. If you would like recommendations, I would be happy to provide them to you.
He has every right to expect someone he's paying to provide content, just like their competition. There is a reason a lot of us stopped paying subscriptions for this game when F2P went live. So while a lot of the content in the Foundry may be outstanding, it's not the responsibility of the player base to make their own content. That's not how this game was advertised to the subscribers, and it's not how most expect to be treated.

This is the equivalent of paying a painter to paint your home and all he does is drink coffee and eat lunch while you paint the house yourself. That's not right. If the Foundry was here to supplement Dev created content and activities that would be one thing, but to be the primary source of missions and adventures? That's just not right, I'm sorry.