View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Check your settings, I'm definitely seeing shadows from banners in my game (work game, not tribble) Should be the same though.

Floor textures are fixed on my end (not sure how I did that )

The Ops stairs look fine on my end, maybe Tribble only got some of my changes? I'll wait til next build to see if this persists.

The light rays in hallways shouldn't have collision already on Tribble, is anyone seeing otherwise?
I just hopped back onto the tribble server, and as far as I can tell, my video settings on Tribble match my Holodeck settings.

The light beams in the corridors indeed have had their collision turned off! That was a minor pet peeve of mine, so thanks for the fix (although I guess that means I can't sing "I'm walkin' on sunshine" in the hallways anymore). The flag/banner shadows are still there on Tribble, but it seems they slowly fade in/out depending on the position of the character/camera, where on Holodeck the shadows are just "there". I'm not completely sure that it's something that needs to be "fixed", as it seems like a kinda nice subtle effect that I only notice now that I know how it works.

EDIT: So, here's a pic on TRIBBLE, in front of Device Merchant Dolgun, clockwise from the bank corridor. As I move the camera to this position (standing in the same location), the shadows slooowly fade into view.