View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4 Zero just leave it as is.
02-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I never understood why there was one "Must have" console to use in the game. No other console gives as much as the field generator. IF shield strength is so low at Vice Admiral why not just modify the shields themselves to give a 35% increase in capacity?

A player goes through the entire game without the console until Vice Admiral why is it even really needed? I realize that manipulating all the shields can be a pain, versus 1 item, but the console effectively removes 1 slot for every VA ship.

If we have to have this overpowered shield booster, why not simply make it a special slot in the VA ship? I know the Cryptic team has the talent. In the future if the team decided to make more unique "must have" items then the ground work would be done.

For example:

Add a slot called "Warp Core" then rename the Current Field Generator to "Shield Modulation Warp Core System Mk XI"

Then say a few months down the line another bunch of set items come out, the team could use that basis for more interesting items with pros and cons.

M.A.C.O. Warp Reactor Mk XI anyone?

Anyway prudent to slap a band aid until the math is fixed, but there is an opportunity to grow the ship systems in a "more trek way".

Oh and before I forget, I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work that you, Gozer, Heretic, and the rest have done on the two year anniversary. It is highly appreciated by me, and many others I'm sure.