View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-05-2012, 11:58 PM
As Critical as I have been with Cryptic's dealings with the overall aspects of this game, I'm going to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think it is so much that Cryptic HATES the PvP aspect of this game, due to it not making any money from it, its the mere fact that they are bogged down with other aspects of this game. this range from CStore design, overhauls of certain elements of this game, and pretty much the PVE content, that and the lack of staffing. That makes it difficult to have a dedicated staff focus solely on the PvP aspect of STO.

Simply put:

STO PVP portion is currently broken and possibly placed on hiatus for the time being. PWE expressed their desire for a multi faction and territorial control feature, this is further enhanced by their desire for a third faction (Possibly the Romulans - keeping our fingers crossed on that one).

So I am going to reluctantly DEFEND Cryptic on this one, despite the ton of issues they have, both current and in the past.

(SIDE NOTE: Cryptic can you please fix the Klingon PVE mission "Keep your Enemies Closer," I hate to skip a main story arc due to bugs - and that one is one hell of a BUG) :p