View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
People don't get what I'm saying, junk like red alerts and the new STF do nothing to advance the story of the game or Star Trek at all, FE's and general episodes do.

The beauty of the original STF's is that they were challenging and actually added to the overall story arc of the game, now it's just go in grind this blow up 10 of these and get lost thanks for coming.
I wholeheartly understand where you coming from, story arcs is vital for an MMO. It adds to the game lore and makes the experience a lot more wonderful. I too must agree, they destroyed the story arc fluidity of the STF's and converted them into both a dilithium and Mk XII epic item hunt.

but, in all fairness, the original STFs were solely played by most folks for the Borg Retro Gear. I do miss the need to complete one in order to advance to the other - it added to the story line.

I am not saying that the new STFs are bad, its just feels disjointed and broken - and lost the peic endgame feel. They can still adjust it, yet keep it the same - this is how:

Place the story arc portion back together but still keep the space portions and ground portions separated. meaning instead of three loong end game arcs now keep them into six seperate parts, and make them in which you have to do them is sequence order the first time around.

During KA space: add a seventh portion to accomodate the original denatra battle with a possible add on content.

NOTE: Keep them in Gamma space, like the original. Though I understand that the que system is there for convience, for the sake of making sector space somewhat useful, make it that folks have to travel to and fro to Gamma. I miss all those vessels in Gamma Oranis