View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Well, what ships are easily obtained by the remans? Romulan ships... Though they all have the reman shield design on it.
I sure don't doubt this, I just find it annoying to play against one race that is using anothers ships. The Reman were outcasts of the Empire for so long, and now, all of a sudden, the Romulans are allowing the Reman to use their brand new Warbird designs? Doesn't suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
And, a large chunk of the remans we fight as enemies are working under the romulans still.
Has that been clarified anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
If you look at their ships, they're much shinier and have a different texture on their hulls. Remans and Romulans did use the same technology (in fact, it'd be a good guess that most Reman ships are stolen Romulan ones) and it's only recently (with the Reman FE) that the Remans are truly on their own and not a slave race to the Romulans. I'd actually surmise that Remans really never had their own ships before the explosion of their planet.
The Scimitar was a Reman design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Would we get the Dominion as a faction or the True Way?
Aren't the True Way a combination of Jem Hadar and Cardassian? That being the case, where you've got
Quote:
This is why I believe we'd get the True Way, which would also provide some more variety than a "true" Dominion which would be basically just JH, Vorta and possibly changelings.
would be incorrect as the Jem Hadar passing through (or rather, leaving) the wormhole are the remnants of a Dominion that was allied to the Cardassian, and at war with the Federation. Their technology would be out of date for starters; they've been stuck in limbo for a decade or two.

Quote:
But the again the Vorta don't seem to have their own ships either so in theory we'd end up with a much larger variety on the ground than in space. But I think that would be okay.
I think I would agree.

Quote:
The problem with the Countdown comics is that I find little in them to be visually appealing.

yes you can still identify her but given the...detail on the ship compared to a proper depiction you might guess how much better Reman ships would look if they hadn't been drawn in the comics first.
The problem I think is conversion. It's easier to make a good looking design look bad (TNG film > comic) but to take a ship from a comic and make it look worthwhile, I think is a harder job. Not impossible by a long shot, but not the most logical choice. They'd be better off creating brand spanking new designs.

Quote:
And that Reman ship is a good find.
Ta ~ I know of it because it was released (as an addon) for Armada2 and Bridge Commander (part of the FileFront Network).

Quote:
Something like that could no doubt serve as inspriation for Cryptic.
Here's hoping.