View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-07-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
All the content that's left is grind, what's the point of repeating the same mission every day? That Defera invasion thing does nothing for the story I've tried it, just beam down shoot borg then laters champ.

Since when was that what Star Trek's about, at least TOR stays true to it's IP.

The STF's are barely a shadow of what they once were. I'd rather play Terradome then do one of the new STF's. The old ones you actually felt like you accomplished something at the end of the misson, especially when playing with fleet mates. It wasn't even about getting the gear for a lot of us, it was more about seeing what happens next on Star Trek.

People who say they don't care that there aren't many FE's or that the STF's aren't story driven anymore clearly aren't Star Trek fans, so I guess Cryptic may be succeeding in what they set to accomplish with P2W, which is driving the Star Trek fans away and making way for a bunch of randoms/very casual gamers.
I agree with some of what you are saying, the old STFs were much better in regard to the story arc but again once you'd played them there was no real reason to do them again, there wasn't even an elite version of them. So we are left back in the same position.

I cannot agree with your comment that people don't care about more FEs and are not Star Trek fans, nobody has said that they don't care about FEs but you have to be realistic. This is a small team of 20-30 Devs going through a huge transition in their company and there simply wasn't the time or money available to do FEs all the time if at all last year. Realistically as the company's profits improve and the game continues to grow we will see more FEs and other content. Just be patient, it will come, enjoy what is there.

For me without the fleet i am in I probably would not play much but we have such a terrific time re-running missions, fleet elite STFs, shuttle and ship PvP and tons of other events that the FEs are just the icing on the cake. We are all Star Trek fans or we would not be here writing on this forum.

Give it time and give them a chance to see what they are coming up with, from what I have heard the next year or so will have some stuff that's gonna blow your mind