View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiDragoon View Post

Phaser (space) has a chance on each hit to temporarily disable one of the 4 power systems on the target. You could potentially disable weapons, causing the target to be unable to fire energy weapons for a s short duration; or you could potential disable shields, making them temporarily more vulnerable to incoming fire, especially torpedoes; or you could disable engines, causing the target to come to a near stop and be unable to turn; or you could disable auxiliary, causing some abilities to not work at all and some others to be weaker.

Phaser (ground) has a chance to temporarily stun the target.

Disruptor has a chance on each hit to cause the target to suffer an resistance debuff for a short duration, making them take greater damage to hull/health while it's in effect. The debuff does not affect shield damage.

Plasma has a chance to set the target on fire, causing additional damage over time.

Tetryon has a chance to deal additional damage to the target's shields.

Polaron (space) has a chance to instantly drain power from the target, temporarily making them weaker in all fields and, if they're already low from other sources, potentially disabling one or more systems until power can be restored.

Polaron (ground) has a chance to disable the target's weapons, but he/she/it can still move and use abilities.

Antiproton doesn't have a special effect, per se. Instead, it causes additional damage on a critical hit.
Thank you so much for this, and all the other tips from everyone in the thread. I think I just need to "rename" the types in my head, and call them
stun
debuff
fire
shield debuff
disable weapon
extra damage

That way I won't keep being confused by the big names.

I think after reading through your tips and the STOwiki I now understand consoles, yay! Though I seem to have bought a completely useless (for my team) science console.. Boo!

Thank you for all help, all three of you!