View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I did it in 6 days. It was a little over 70 /played hours.

I have found STO to be around 35-40 /played hours to get to level cap since Season 5.
Yes, 70 sounds more realistic. I had to write a class guide with a few coworkers about it and most of us were close to 100 hours by the time we all capped. Bearing in mind most of us had no previous experience with out classes from the beta or anything.

As for STO, my partner gave the game another try a week ago and was level 14 at that time. Hit the level cap last night. We did most episodes together for the fun of it and until somewhere around the 40s almost every episode resulted in a level-up. The whole thing felt insanely fast - much TOO fast for my liking, but then again, all of these episodes were actually a lot of fun to play and went beyond the boring "Kill 10 X, loot 20 Y" garbage you get in every other MMO, including TOR. Because, no offense, 20 minutes of dialogue before a generic "go kill something" kind of quest doesn't make the actual quest any better. I actually prefer the episode-style gameplay in STO.