View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc_foxtrot View Post
I hope they do have a chance, but at the same time I hope they don't. Really from a wholly narrative point of view. We still have a few things hanging out in the open that still need to be resolved before we open up another major plotline that may also sit unresolved. The Undine from several missions (and Terradome) and the Iconians from the Romulan FE stick out most in my mind. I personally want some resolution to some of this stuff before we start dredging up more plotlines so as to shove content in. It makes the universe feel a bit too crowded with things like that, which are potentially very dangerous, just linger.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that there's this line of continuity we're getting from DS9. Absolutely ecstatic! Just really feels that from a narrative standpoint, there's far too much going on at once.
There are ways it could be folded in. For instance, the Dominion could disavow the 2800 and send us means to fend them off... and they could pledge loyalty to the Iconians.