View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Wow, that's a lot of response

As expected, peoples views differ greatly on this subject. Some people really like the fast leveling, other (like me) don't.

For me the fun is in the leveling, not so much the end game. It's the road traveled, not the destination that counts to me.

I understand the "need" to not have people stay in the first rank for too long. I too wanted a better ship then the starting cruiser and didn't want that to take weeks. So maybe the problem is not so much in the rate at which you gain xp, but the amount of xp it takes to get to the next rank. Getting to Lt. Commander should not take too long, but getting to Commander should take longer. And getting to Captain should take longer then that. Etc... That way players don't stay at Lieutenant too long, but becoming a Vice Admiral actually means something. When I started I really wanted to get my hands on T5 ships, they looked amazing to me. But now I know how little effort it takes to get one, they kinda lost their shine, if you know what I mean.

Well, that's just how I feel. I know many people just want to get to VA as fast as possible and only do end game stuff. That's fine, but why have a leveling system at all? Just ask when you start a new character "what rank do you want?" and let the player select VA. Done... There's not much of a point to leveling now, except as an extended tutorial...

I'm just wondering how much longer I will play the game, after i get to VA and have played all the episodes, I don't think there's much to it for me. I'm not much of a PVP player so.... I'm much more a RPG player anyway. A game I've been playing for years now is *********. Even after 7 years, I still love that game and every level I gain feels like I accomplished something. That's kinda what I'm missing here.

Anyway, for now I love playing STO and I still have a lot of episode missions to do (still in the lower half of the romulan front), so I will enjoy myself playing STO for some time to come.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Cheers and happy gaming!
elloco