View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
As much as I agree with the first part, I beg you people to stand down from this total war garbage. Why is it so hard to believe that the UFP and Starfleet rely on thier true meaning and rather be a paramilitary peacekeeping force rather than a battlefleet bend on destruction and conquest? This is what Starfleet has always been. They have a tactical department and built some dedicated ships for combat missions but it's okay now. They won their past wars with their technology and ideals intact (mostly). Why can't you accept this fact as something still unique to the spirit of Star Trek rather than building battleships, battleships and more pew-pew boom.

I like the idea that the Odyssey is once again an exploration/peacekeeping vessel. This is Starfleet. If you don't like that, don't play a Star Trek game or play a Klingon or Romulan char (though those factions are/will be as badly portrayed as the UFP in-game I guess )
Well I thank you for your support on the first part, and you are entitled to your opinion on the second. I would agree with you but if i did we would both be wrong. Your tone on the last is condescending.

This is an open forum for sharing views and opinions. Telling others to "don't play" isn't your place. And I think I will continue to play, if that is all right with you? Is that ok with you? Thanks. I knew it would be.