View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchinghair
Quite a few issues can cause this; inadequate power supply, over heating, bad firmware & drivers etc.

It seems like your system may be over heating but without more detail there isnít much I can say.
Agreed. One of the best ways to test this is to try STO out on another computer under your login. Log into the game, move about, see if you can stay online and play. If you can, then I'd look into what the quoted poster said above me. Another thing you'll want to do is: As you enter the game, glance at the time and note it. When you get the boot, look at the clock again. The point of this exercise is to determine if it's happening at a set interval, like every ten minutes or so. This too will help immensely in troubleshooting your issue. You may have to do this test a few times before you pinpoint any specific time or at the very least you can determine if it's random or not. Either way, it'll help a great deal to know if it's based on a specific time or not as something like this is typically related to software conflicts or bad drivers that are called into usage at a specific time.

Good hunting.