View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 131
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm probably about the only one who feels this way, but I'm not super excited about this FE.

First and foremost, this game is supposedly about the war between the Klingons and the Feds, right?

Yet, the majority of the content focuses on:

1. Dominion War - You spend your Captain levels here, which in terms of time, nearly equals the time you spend fighting the Romulans (Commander) and the Klingon / Klingon Allies (Lieutenant and Lieutenant Commander). But the Dominion War has been over for like 40 years. Why are we still fighting the Dominion? Don't we sufficiently cover the post-Dominion state of affairs in the Captain levels missions?

2. Borg - Seriously overdone. Beyond overdone. It's like a Thanksgiving turkey that was cooked for 72 hours on maximum heat (See National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation" turkey) overdone.

3. Undine - This makes sense in terms of the war, but it's not really the war itself, rather a trigger for the war.

So, why is it we are revisiting the Dominion, again?

When might we get some FEs that have stories based in...the war? If the Klingon-Fed War is going to be the primary focus of the game, then maybe...just maybe...can we start getting some stories about the war? Some new content focused on the war? Maybe some open-PvP in the warzone?

Or how about the Iconians? That story got left dangling in a huge way. Yet, there has been no attempt to revisit the Iconian's involvement in the larger galactic picture.

Something to return us to 2409, instead of fighting all the battles that have already been fought in TNG (Borg), DS9 (Dominion), and Voyager (Borg, Undine-8472).

If I want those stories, I can go pop in the DVDs!

Meh.

/endrant