Thread: An idea for PvP
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 An idea for PvP
02-10-2012, 11:00 AM
I know that there are teams who have played this game a lot and perfected the art of PvP warfare in it. That is not a problem at all. The problem that I would like to address is for the rest of us, the ones who just want to join a PvP battle and play for fun - win or loose. As it stands now, games I join are mostly a team who obviously plays together often versus randoms. This can't be fun for the people who have spent so much time perfecting their ships and tactics as they get to use about 1/10th of their total ability, and it isn't fun for the randoms getting absolutely stomped either.

Before anyone says it: yes, I could just get better, join a PvP fleet, and man up. I just don't want to. I want to be able to hop on, play a few games that are at least a little balanced, and then do something else. I imagine that there are others who feel the same way. Lower level PvP is really good for this, but I really don't want to keep restarting characters over and over - I like the PvE and my ship and crew, etc.

Another problem is that new people are going to get discouraged if they are put into too many PvP matches like the ones I have described and the game will stagnate. I was around in the beginning and know that random matches can be tons of fun - both teams working out strategies with strangers or just doing the best they can with what they're given.

Enough whining, here's the idea: have a separate game type for teams to fight each other, and a pub lobby that only accepts groups of 3 or less (and maybe more overall captains) for people like me who just want to have some fun and do the best they can. Everyone wins; the teams get to have an actual challenge and the new and the less serious players have a place to go and have a good time shooting each other. I'm not holding my breath for this change - there are lots of other things to be done, I'm sure, but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there and see what others think.