View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixtux View Post
I'd welcome less "random" drop boxes and more balancing...

I find all these new fancy ships with their silly consoles a shameful tactic. Most people don't buy them while grinding, but after because of the "unbalanced consoles." It would be nice to see more T5 options verse more low level options. I have bought a couple of the T5 ships, but I refuse to buy a T2/3/4 ship to gain some silly console.

Similarly, why haven't the hybrid beams been changed? 75% acc is pretty much OP. I've switched back to my phaser MK XI beams whilst I wait. But the bortas with them + FAW3 + EPS + nadion is otherwise brutal. Granted the Bortas is a bit of a joke, but it's fun to FAW 3/2 spam (tee hee.) Anyway, is it difficult to update a modifier from .75 to .075? --- I assume STO works with integers. Presumably anyway. I guess you may be casting a string to a int --- but there wouldn't be such a simple parallel from what the value should be and what the value is. Likewise, the MACO shield/10% damage resist --- take only 10% damage.
Well, once again, I think we assume too much as far as what cryptic "understands" about their own game. I picture the cyptic offices as one asian kid pouring over lines of coding with a desk stacked with things that he has to get to, and the rest of the devs in a room with graphs showing how to squeeze every last penny out of us and planning there next p2w consoles.